Thursday, March 29, 2012

Review: Deluxe Town Diner, Watertown, MA

I really like this place.  I went here with my brother a few months ago for the first time.  The atmosphere was mellow, the place was bright and shiny clean, with glowing counters and tables.  We got there at a good time because it wasn't crowded at all.  We were there 15 minutes when it started filling up.  We had our booth, with a view of the street.  They had a surprisingly extensive menu, which was great.  I would venture to say they have much more than you'd expect.  (They even have cappuccino!)

I got a glass of OJ, a cup of coffee, and the Low Carb plate, which was eggs, bacon (I got some more on the side), and sausage, served with tomato slices.  It was just delicious!  The eggs were great and the bacon was crispy delicious, with just enough grease to add yummy (although not healthy) flavor.  Yummy.  The sausage was good, but I definitely preferred the bacon much more.  The tomato slices were pale from being under ripe, but I went in the winter, so I'm not holding that against them.  I think my brother got the hot meatloaf sandwich, which he really liked.  He was so full afterward, he couldn't speak for a while.  We left there, stuffed to the gills!

The only issue I had was we didn't get enough coffee refills.  You know that scene from 'Reservoir Dogs,' where Mr. Pink won't tip because the waitress only filled up his cup three times?  That's what was running through my head.  We did give our waitress a good tip, of course.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enJwYaeolXc

I would recommend this place to people who love diners and good food.  It's a great neighborhood joint, so I would suggest going for an early lunch or early dinner, or you may have to wait a while.

I give it 4 stars!  * * * *

No comments:

Post a Comment