Saturday, April 21, 2012

Review: Alfredo's Italian Kitchen of Somerville, MA

Alfredo's Italian Kitchen on Broadway is as close as you're going to get to Sicilian-style pizza, short of going to the North End.  I'm more of a fan of the greasy, thin crust typical pizza that you can find @ most pizzerias.  I'm really not that much of a fan of Sicilian-style pizza - it's too doughy for my taste.  However, for not being a fan, it was pretty good.  The ingredients were fresh.  They used nice ripe tomatoes instead of sauce, which was a refreshing change.  The menu has a lot of variety, all of which looked really good.  The garden salad was beautifully fresh and had a lot of color and character to it.  The french fries - for those of you who like battered fries, you will be thrilled.  I, however, am not a fan.  They don't mention on the menu that they are battered fries, which they really should.  For someone who is allergic to the batter, it's a pain when you have to pay for something that you're not going to eat.

While I can't see myself ordering from here regularly, I think that this could be a well liked neighborhood place for the people who are into this kind of pizza.  But I don't know how many people like Sicilian-style pizza, so I don't know what the demand is.  Keep in mind, this is a new restaurant that is trying to find its place and gain a foothold in the neighborhood, so there are going to be missteps along the way until they find their niche.

My own preferences aside, I objectively give this restaurant  3 stars.  * * * 

No comments:

Post a Comment